Monday, May 9, 2016

The Shop on Main - Kay Correll

Something that draws me to books is small town life. I've been living away from my hometown now for 32 years following my husband in his assignments in the military and now with the federal government. The thought of living in a small town where you know most of the people there and little shops and restaurants to visit really appeals to me. That's why I really enjoyed spending time meeting the folks of Comfort Crossing. The name itself makes me sigh and smile. The lives of the characters are much like yours and mine. They are not without conflict or problems. But the one thing that resonates is the fact that they all have each others' backs and want the best for one another.  When you look at the news these days, this sort of thing sure doesn't jump out at you. In fact, that is a really good reason to read this book and many others like it as a way to escape the hardness and sharp tendencies of life today.

I would love to visit Bella's shop and eat at the Magnolia Cafe! The descriptions of these places and the food and friendship were well written.

This book is part of a series but can also be read just by itself and be enjoyed. I look forward to reading more books by Kay Correll!

No comments:

Post a Comment